Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stuffed with Love....



Yesterday David and I had a wonderful time preparing for our daughter Makayla :)- I have a feeling that the next few weeks will be consumed with preparation for our little miracle. We begun the day by purchasing Makayla her first Bible- There is nothing more important to David and I as parents then to teach and share the gospel with our daughter. We know that it will be quite some time before she comprehends words but never the less we intend to read to her as soon as she is home. We also found her a cute little stuffed lamb that plays 'Jesus loves me' so decided to buy that for her as well :).

After we made the most important purchase, the Bible, we made way to the mall to complete another project in the making. A few weeks ago I thought of a sweet little idea that I've been pestering David to do ever since. I thought it would be sweet to write our daughter a letter ( one from mommy, one from daddy, and then our prayer for her) The letters would be secretly tucked inside a teddy bear and when our little girl turns 16 we will have her open the bear and read the letters that we had written her 16 years prior to her making her entrance into the world. We are having professional maternity photographs taken in 2 weeks and we plan on bringing the 'special' bear that we've named Grace to have photographed with my belly. We will also have professional photos taken of Makayla with her bear once she arrives. This bear has a long journey in front of it but we plan on documenting our little girl growing up with this bear- she will know it is a special bear and that she is not to throw it away but she will not be made aware of what makes this bear so special until that chosen day 16 years down the road. Now the only tough task will be keeping this bear in one piece for the next 16 years- LOL.



3 comments:

Maija said...

You have beautiful plans- I am so happy for you both!!!

Filleman Family said...

So cool and thoughtful! What a sweet thing for her. I am glad that you are having a little girl - the chances of that bear "making it" are even better I'm sure! I hope you made a copy of the letters??

Melissa said...

WOW! What a beautiful idea. Your little baby girl is going to be so loved and treasured!! I am SO excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet her! :)
-Melissa Johnson