Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yee Haw our lil' cowgirl is 2!!

Our lil' cowgirl turned 2 6 months ago!!
Pathetic that I'm just now getting around to writing this post and sharing but I guess better late then never, right? Well, without further a do here are the dets of our rhinestone cowgirl birthday bash

  The Invite
 I created the invite to be tucked inside a hand sewn burlap pouch finished off with a crepe paper medallion and a vintage bow. Once the invite was pulled out of the pouch the most AH-dorable pic. of our lil' cowgirl greeted the guest. We had my friend Gail of G.Miya Photography snap a few western themed pics. of M when she shot our family pics. last year...they couldn't have been more perfect!! I love including a shot of the birthday girl in the invite so I always design her party invitations to do just that. Sewn to the back of the photo were all the party details a la western style subway art theme.
Invitations are available in my shop Paper Princess Studio

  The Decor
Decor included all things rhinestone cowgirl to include handmade banners. I had banners strung all across our covered patio and I loved the way it added to the party atmosphere. I created bandanna and horse shoe pendent banners along with a lace doily and photo banner...SO fun!
Since I'm co-owner of MonMell Designs some custom themed pillows were a must!




The Food
Oh my, The FOOD!!! You see, my dear friend Shannon and I had worked out one sweet deal and my end of the deal was I got M's party catered by the most fabulous B.BQ joint in AZ, Honey Bear B.Bq. Food included; Rodeo Ribs, Cowgirl Clucks(shredded b.bq chicken sandwiches), Rootin' Tootin' Baked Beans, Cowboy Slaw, and good ol' corn on the cob. To say the food was delicious would be an understatement...it was down right FABULOUS!!! Besides the delicious grub, the food table was also where the guest grabbed their pie tin plates, and handmade 'Chow Time' Cutlery utensil bags; besides the necessities the bags also included a wet wipe so that our guest could wipe their hands after eating the finger lickin' good B.bq!


 Cowgirl Candy Corral
What party is complete now a days without a candy buffet?!! The buckaroos at our bash could find all things sweet and savory at the Cowgirl Candy Corral
Loot included: *Cowgirl Cakes (Cupcakes made by my sweet friend Cassie of Cakes by Cassie) *Bandanna wrapped mints *Licorice Lassos *Cinnamon Disk *Marshmallow push pops * Ol' fashioned swirl lollies * Cowgirl Corn (Candy corn served out of a chicken feeder) *Kettle corn * Salt water taffy I included some hand made loot bags so the buckaroos could place their loot inside and take it home with them.


 Happy Trails Trail Mix Bar
For the more 'mature' cowfolk we had the 'Happy Trails Trail Mix' station. It was here that guest could create their own trail mix from staples such as:
*Chex  *Peanuts  *Dried Cranberries  *Raisins  *Pretzels  *Cowgirl Chocolates  *Sunflower Seeds
*M & M's 
Bandanna print scalloped boxes were provided for the guest to put their mix in. 


The Watering Hole
With all the grub our guest were sure to have a need to wet their whistle so the watering hole is where they could do just that.
Guest were served: *Sweet Tea in mason jars *Root beer in jute wrapped bottles *And a variety of milk (strawberry/Chocolate/2%) for the lil' cowfolk

 Cowgirl Grins & Cowboy Staches Photo Booth
 Photo booths are a hot commodity at parties these days so adding one to M's party was a necessity
I loved having the photo booth but truth be told you have to be REALLY organized for it to run well. Thankfully my partner in crime, Steph, was my photog for the day so she made sure to grab pics. of the guest with the photo props..thanks a million Steph!

 Pony Corral
 What would a cowgirl bash be without a pony corral?!! Guest grabbed a pony and gitty up


Pony Up Cowgirl/boy Gear The lil' buckaroos were all encouraged to dress the part so to assist them we provided Cowboy hats, bandannas and badges




Cowgirl Glam Dress Up
Because this was not just a cowgirl/boy themed celebration but rather a rhinestone cowgirl bash some cowgirl glam was in order for all the girlie's
Here the girlie's found *Candy Necklaces *Candy Rings *Pearl beads *and other girlie glitz and glam

Buckaroo Barn 
For the party table we rented a toddler sized banquet table and bought some hay bails for the buckaroos to sit on. LOVED the hay idea but boy was it messy!! Much thanks to the hub for dealing with all my crazy party concepts..xoxoxo! Decor on the table included a checkered table cloth, a cute lil' center piece with the cowgirl of honors pics. in it, bubbles for the buckaroos, and a special b.day chair for the guest of honor
One of my fav. concepts I came up with for this party was the personalized burlap and chalk cloth place mats I created for each guest. I knew I wanted to incorporate burlap and chalk cloth but I just wasn't sure how..the place mats are what I came up with and I love them!! Not only did it provide seating arrangements but was also an activity that kept the buckaroos busy as they could doodle on their chalkcloth place mat and then also take it home with them as a favor. SO FUN!!

 The Favors
 My mama helped me create the favors by baking up a batch of photo cookies with M's cowgirl pic. Words can not describe how precious the cookies turned out! The cookies were packaged up in cello bags with a lace doily topper finished off with a raffia bow- a special thank you note was included inside.
I love the cookies so much that here it is 6 months later and I still have mine! I just don't have the heart to eat it because it is that precious to me ;)

 Fun Times 
We are so blessed by all of our family, friends, and neighbors who came by to celebrate M's 2nd Birthday- much thanks to ya'all!!

As you can see, A LOT of time, preparation, and heart went into planning this party but frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way! Makayla is such a precious gift to our family and is a miracle in every since of the word. Besides, seeing this precious smile makes every lil' second of time and preparation more then worth it!
I love you more then words can express my sweet baby girl- xoxoxo, Mama

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Cute blog!

You should update us with some fall decor!

=)

Brooke

zerry ht said...

Wow, these decorations are just so fantastic my friend. Keep sharing such details here. Everything seemed super special and inviting in this party. I also attended a gorgeous DIY wedding party of my cousin at one of the Chicago wedding venues. The theme was so colorful and food was also great.

Spam Patrol said...

A business has posted a spam comment to this blog post. The link in the comment goes to a website that submits over 100 comments per day to blogspot sites with a link to their site as an opportunity to make their site look more popular to search engines like google. If you read the comment and look at the link they inserted, you will notice it is not helpful to your readers and it doesn't even make sense to be linked other than for their own business needs. If you would like to mark it as spam to prevent them from using you, follow the instructions here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en