Monday, January 4, 2010

35 Weeks...


Oh my.....David and I are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our new little one as we are in the final countdown to her arrival- 5 more weeks!!! Of course we are aware that she could come any day if that is God's plan and that has on our toes to say the least. David can not wait for his daughter to come into the world- it is so sweet :)! Although for some strange reason he is convinced that he will deliver this baby en route to the hospital; you see my husband was under the impression that labor usually last only an hour or two- it wasn't until we were actually going through this whole pregnancy thing ourselves that he finally realized that labor (especially the first time around) can take a very long time. Every day he is asking me if we can pack our 'stuff' and if he should make sure that he has surgical gloves at hand- I don't think so!! David is pretty squemish when it comes to blood, hospitals, etc so it is beyond me why all of a sudden he is prepared to become Dr. Mellstrom. I'm pretty sure he get's a kick out of my reaction so that is why he repeatedly verbalizes his plan to deliver this baby. I'm sure when it's all said and done though it will be quite a different story as to how 'Dr. Mellstrom' holds up during child birth. Well as the clock continues to tock we continue to prepare for the BIG day- we are so Blessed that the Lord has given us this experience and we pray that Makayla's arrival will be smooth without complication and that in a few short weeks we will be holding our sweet healthy baby girl :).


2 comments:

Heidi Marie said...

35 WEEKS! Heather the countdown is on...so excited to meet her.

Paper Dolls said...

My husband teased about the same thing and I ended up being in labor for 35 minutes, total, no lie, and had our little princess at home.... Things happen when mother's pray!