Monday, May 12, 2008

The Majestic Grand {Grand Canyon}



As I mentioned in my previous post, this past weekend my family and I spent some time vacationing at the Grand Canyon. The last time I was there was 25 years ago so needless to say my perspective on it had completely changed- There is no doubt when you are at the Canyon that there is a God and all around us is his beautiful creation. We took a few tours and the guides would explain the scientific explanation on how the canyon was formed, how long it has been there, etc. In my eyes there is only one very easy explanation- a gift of God! The sunsets and sunrises at the canyon are beyond words- simply breathtaking! If you have not had a chance to visit the canyon I highly suggest that you add it to your places to see- you will not be disappointed. The canyon is beyond grand...It truly is majestic-

“In the Grand Canyon, Arizona has a natural wonder which, so far as I know, is in kind absolutely unparalleled throughout the rest of the world.... Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it, and man can only mar it. What you can do is to keep it for your children, your children's children, and for all who come after you, as the one great sight which every American....should see.” {Theodore Roosevelt}

No comments: