Friday, April 29, 2011

Celebrating the big day in a royal way

Ok friends, How many of you stayed up late to view the royal wedding? I did not, BUT tomorrow I am attending a royal tea brunch with many of the wonderful ladies from our church. I am over the top excited to fellowship with all these gals and to dress up :) :) :) . In true high tea fashion I will be sporting a hat :) And I must say, I am so excited :)!!! Of course I didn't have one and had to have one so, I bought a cheap straw beach hat and dressed it up with a little of this and a little of that (will share pic. tomorrow- I can't reveal it before the tea ;) One thing I can share a little peak of is the little treat I will bringing along to share with the ladies-
These are lemon blueberry muffins topped off with lemon curd and fresh berry...SO yummy!! I found the recipe here(she has many other yummy recipes too). After the muffins were cooled it was time for the fun part...the display. I found some fabulous free royal wedding printables here on Hostess with the Mostess . When I spied the printables I knew I had to do something with them for the tea- they were just too perfect to not use! To finish off the presentation I made some elegant cupcake wraps with my Cricut...SO lovin' that cartridge right now!

Did you do anything special in honor of the royal wedding?

No comments: