Monday, November 8, 2010

You've got mail...

With only 46 days until Christmas friends, it is never to early to start thinking about your holiday cards! Each and every year it is a goal of mine to have all of our Christmas cards ready, sealed, addressed, and stamped by November's end. I would love to be able to have our cards in the mail on December 1st. Now does it ever happen you ask...NO never :), LOL. This year will be an exception, I will succeed with my quest! There are a few reasons why I believe I can make it happen this year:

For one, we just had our family photographs taken this past Sat. The M.O.P.S group that I belong to offered a fabulous deal as part of a fundraiser. The best part about it, is we will get all of our images on a cd within the next 2 weeks..SO excited. Now just hoping that there is at least one great shot of the 3 of us :) fingers crossed! I know the photographer got some fabulous shots of Makayla because she showed us a few and they were to die for...SO cute! The second reason I feel like I'll be able to get er' done is thanks to my good ol' friends at Shutterfly. Clearly you all know of this great company that makes it so very easy and fun to preserve our cherished memories via photography products. My family and I have been using Shutterfly for our photography printing needs for the past few years and we have never been happier. We adore the photo books, the quality of the prints, and the expedited door to door service is always a huge bonus. For the first time ever, I have decided to use Shutterfly for our Christmas cards. Have you seen the gorgeous designs they have. Check These out. There are so many great designs to choose from, surely there is one to fit every one's taste.

The design I have decided to use for our families Christmas cards is the Joy Sage Christmas Story 5x7. I love this design and I know it will fit our needs perfectly! The color combination will be perfect with our photos as we coordinated touches of dark red throughout our wardrobes. The photographer took several shots of us against a sage wall so the colors will no doubt be a perfect combination with this card. The other element of this card that I just adore is the story photo design option on the inside. Being that this is the first Christmas we will have Makayla as part of our family I wanted a way to share pictures of some of her significant milestones over the past year, this card gives me that option...perfect! This will be the first year that I have done a folded card, as we usually send out single sided stationary styled cards. Speaking of which, Shutterfly has some great options in that area too, check them out here. Such chic designs, I love them all! I am so very excited to create our cards this year..as soon as I receive our pictures back from the photographer I will be jumping on to Shutterfly to design our cards. I will do it this year, On December 1st. the cards will be on their way to the recipients, "You've got Mail!"

1 comment:

Jason and Lisa said...

Yeah, can't wait to see your Christmas card. :)