Wednesday, August 18, 2010

95

We recently went to Cali. to celebrate my grandmas 95th. Birthday!!
It's not every day that your grandma turns 95 so we wanted to make sure to be a part of her special day and to celebrate the many wonderful years of life that the Lord has blessed with her. It was a quick trip (out on Fri. night, back on Sun) We so wish we could have had more time out there...not only to spend with the fam. but to also enjoy the awesome Calif. weather (it was only in the mid 70's when we were there :) To help grams celebrate we took her out to dinner at the traditional family dinner at 'El Cholo'. El Cholo is my absolute fav. mexican restaurant and there is nothing I enjoy more then celebrating special days with special people while eating the BEST food ever :). Grams of course got to wear the sombrero when the waiters came out singing to her 'Happy Birthday" Makayla wasn't quite sure what to make of the silly hat grams was wearing...LOL

After we filled our bellies with yummy grub we headed back to grams place to indulge in some sweets. My mama made this cake for grams special day-

Isn't it incredible? I can not believe that my mama made this, let alone made it with out even taking a class! She has learned how to use fondant and gum paste by watching on line tutorials...at least the internet is good for something. Hear is a pic. of the card I created for all of us to give to grams....
Such a fabulous time celebrating 95 years of life with my one and only Grammy Bear!

1 comment:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

That cake is AMAZING!! I can't believe she made it without taking a class. She did a very fabulous job! It's so good, it almost looks fake! Your card is fabulous too!