Monday, August 10, 2009

Gods Grace....

Gods grace is evident in my life day in and day out....however I have never seen it more evident then it was last Wed (8/5). I was driving home from work when in a blink of an eye this happened-

Traffic came to a hault and a man driving a very large SUV decided he would plow right into me. The impact was so strong that it sent me across the dirt median and into oncoming traffic. When you see cars heading right at you your life literally flashes before your eyes...I cried out, "Oh God" as my car was struck once again by yet another huge truck. When my car came to a stop back in the median I was able to walk away from my car. My first thought was of course the precious miracle growing inside of me- was the baby ok? The police, fire crew, and ambulance were on scene imediatly and I was taken into the ambulance to get my vitals checked out- my heart was racing (to be expected of course), my neck and back were sore, and at first glimpse the baby seemed to be ok. I refused transport to the hospital via ambulance because all I wanted was to see my husband, to touch him, to hug him, and to have him by my side. As soon as David arrived we were off the ER to get news of the baby and my injuries. The wait seemed like hours (probably because it was) but finally came the moment of truth- the nurse placed the doppler on my belly and immediatly we heard our little miracles heart racing- 164 bpm, consistent with the heart rates we had been receiving...Thank you God- I can deal with a sore neck and back but loosing this precious gift that we have been praying so hard for for the past 3 years was something I was not prepared to deal with...Gods grace is good!

The next day and a half I took it easy allowing my body to recoop and then the emotional roller coaster started all over again. At about noon on Fri I started to bleed a lot. My heart sank as the blood just continued to rush out- Please God don't take this baby I prayed. Yet again, I called my dear hubby with ' news' he did not want to hear- he immediatly left work and met me at the urgent care. Moment of truth part two- the nurse at the urgent care placed the doppler on my tummy but this time did not pick up the babies heartbeat- my heart seemed to stop. The staff at the urgent care made arrangements for us to go the yet another ER so an ultrasound could be done. Minutes/hours later I am finally seen by the ultra sound tech; as she is doing the ultra sound she informs us of the hospital regulations- she is prohibited from talking about what she is seeing on the ultrasound, however with a wink in her eye she told us she is not stopping us from seeing what is on the screen. David appears and immediatly states, "that is the baby and it is moving..and there is the heartbeat" Yet again, Gods grace holds us and confirms that through Him ALL things are possible.

It is difficult to grasp why so many challenges have been headed our way as of late, but few things I do know- Gods grace is awesome! The prayers from our church family, family, and friends have and are sustaining us- words can not express our grattitude and how touched we are by the many phone calls, offers, and prayers you all have made...it is so humbling that God has put so many amazing people in our lives- we cherish, appreciate, and love everyone of you! We know our Faith is made stronger through trials and are just amazed by our Gods love- I am thankful to be alive!


9 comments:

SOINSPIRED said...

"In the blink of an eye". Wow! Heather, I've been thinking of you and praying for you. Obviously you are being watched over and blessed.

Heather Brown said...

OMGosh Heather!!! What amazing trials that you have conquered!! I don't know why the Lord has us go through deep trials like this but I can say that your baby must be destined for amazing things for God. I will be praying for you and your precious one and I am so thankful that you were OK.

The Martins said...

I can't imagine how many emotions you have experienced in the last week! I am so thankful for the health of your baby, the kind ultrasound technician, your health... and on and on. I take so many things for granted!

Theresa said...

Still can't read this story without tears in my eyes! SO thankful for God's protection over you and baby girl-oops, I mean "baby." ;)

Jason and Lisa said...

Know that we are praying for you too. Like Theresa, I've read your story a few times and get tears everytime too. I praise God for protecting you and the baby. I pray that you heal quickly and that the baby would remain healthy and growing.

Unknown said...

I do not know what lead me to your site as I have never been here before. I saw your posting and will pray for you and your baby. I, too, had a difficult time conceiving the first time around (#2 was a HUGE surprise). In my first pregnancy, I started bleeding and the DRs thought it might be a false pregnancy. A special daily high dose of oral progesterone made only in Colorado saved my now 5 year old. Prayers for you and your family.

christie said...

Heather,
I am so glad you walked away from such a crazy accident. It amazes me to see that photo of your car and know that you and your baby are alright.
I am so grateful that your sweet baby is still cookin'! :-)

Pepper Culpepper said...

Wow! I'm so glad you're okay! God is good!

Tiffany Tasting Food said...

Great blog I enjoyed reaading