Monday, April 6, 2009

The race is on....

The race is on to get this house into tip top shape before we host the first (of hopefully many) holiday celebrations with our families. You see, before David and I purchased this home our families were a bit spread out; mine in California and N. Arizona and Davids fam. back in Iowa. We have never hosted a holiday celebration at our home and are thrilled to have everyone come together in just a few days as we celebrate the glorious resurection of Jesus Christ. The only challenge preparing for the get together is overcoming the 'perfection bug' I have inhereted from my mother. For whatever reason I got the wild idea that we should paint the whole downstairs of our new home (why on earth did I think I can paint half of a 3,600 sq. ft home in just 2 weekends)LOL! Needless to say, we've been busy little bees around here...we paint when we get home from work, paint on our days off, and well quite frankly have been covered in paint (literally) for the past few weeks. With much avail, we have successfully painted our kitchen, family room, living room, dining room, and downstairs hall (thank God for my wonderful hubby!!). As if painting everything wasn't bad enough I of course thought it would be a brilliant idea to add molding to our dining room as well as make draperies for our kitchen, nook, front window, and family room (another great idea- LOL!). I'm making progress and will share pics. soon...that is if I still have my sanity-ha.

Oh, one little project I can share with you is this..

If you recall from a few post backs I did a make over on the oak kitchen set we inhereted. This particular chair was one I picked up at Goodwill for $6.99; it was originally oak but with a coat of blk. paint and some vinyl this Goodwill chair has been transformed into a custom piece for the 'Mellstrom' kitchen nook :).

Well, I better get going...I'm spray painting some Easter eggs that I intend on filling with treats and using as place card pieces on our Easter table..I'll share pics. soon.


1 comment:

Jason and Lisa said...

WOW, you weren't kidding when you said you've been busy last night! Can't wait to see pics. Lisa