Sunday, March 8, 2009

A beautiful day...

I got out of bed over an hour ago and was greeted by the most peaceful beautiful day. It's been awhile since I've woken up and had no where to be and nothing to do- I love this feeling! Life has been so chaotic recently that I can now appreciate what 'normalcy' brings :). Since I've been neglecting my blog a bit recently I felt that today would be a good day to hop on and share with you all what's been going on in the Mellstrom home.

This past week was a bit of a whirlwind experience for us, as we had several deliveries and drop offs of some home products we recently purchased. I guess you can say that David and I have definitely done our fair share of stimulating the economy ..here is a run down of the deliveries of the week- a fireplace, garage cabinets, a love seat, cocktail table, end table, bedroom dresser, and an armoire. While we were excited to get these new items into our home we ran into a bit of dilemma since we both work full time and of course all of the deliveries would take place during our work hours...fortunately for us my mother in law saved the day and graciously stayed at our home while all of these deliveries were taking place. We ran into a few hiccups here and there- let's just say, have you ever heard of furniture delivery men stating that they do not life furniture? Apparently the delivery men from this one particular store feel as though they do not need to lift furniture and instead can drag, flip, and bang the furniture while they place it in your home. That's another story in of itself but needless to say we are thankful that all the deliveries are complete (except the sofa that we are hoping to bring home today). Now that our deliveries and purchases are nestled in our nest I can begin to do what I love=decorate :)! And man oh man..it's quite amazing what furniture can do to a room! I will share pics. soon..in the mean while here is a little sneak of the family room (pic. the new love seat, cocktail table, and end table...the kitty is not new :) She's just enjoying this beautiful Sunday too!
Enjoy your day!




No comments: