Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Inspired

I've been spending some time creating in my studio lately and I thought I would share with you all where I've been seeking inspiration....



Isn't' this the most divine display of Halloween vintage pizazz you have ever seen? Now I must admit, we don't exactly celebrate Halloween at our home; although the animals do dress up and we do hand out treats to all the little trick or treaters. And yes, I do decorate our home for the season (this time of year is one of my favorite). Now I'm not particularly fond of the creepy type of Halloween decor BUT I do adore the cute faces adorned into the sides of pumpkins as well as the look of vintage decor. I adore vintage decor no matter what the season and I guess that's why I'm such a huge fan of Bethany Lowe Designs. Whether I'm crafting with her vintage tinsel garland or browsing the local boutiques filled with her holiday craftiness, I am always amazed at the artistry and detail of her labels vintage delightfulness. That explains why I was like a kid in a candy store when my mom and I recently stepped foot into the Halloween boutique display at Rogers Gardens. Yes, it is a nursery BUT you should see their gift boutiques...they are fabulous! Whenever we're out in Calif. visiting mom and dad a trip to RG is a must- Wait till you see what they do for Christmas! I'm all giddy with thoughts of sugarplum sweetness now ;)- LOL. Anyhow, I hope to share some of my art with you soon..In the meantime, I thought I would share where I've been getting much of my Halloween inspiration.


1 comment:

Katrina Turner said...

Thanks for sharing Heather, that has given me lots of inspiration for my Halloween projects. Here in the UK there are not many stores that sell Halloween decor, so it was great to get an idea of what it is like in the USA. I know what you mean, I love Christmas displays and visit all the garden centres etc in the run up to Christmas. I was lucky enough to be Christmas shopping in New York last year and Macy's displays were out of this world, I'm yet to complete my scrapbook pages!