Thursday, January 10, 2008

New year...New look

My blog has a new look :)...With the start of the new year I figured I would change my blog up a little and give it a new look. You'll notice that I went a little 'vintagy' (is that a word???) Anyhow, hope you like it...and yes, the 'le princess' in the photo is yours truly (taken many, many years ago- 27 to be exact).

I also have begun two projects that will take this whole entire year to complete but I am so excited about them!!! The first is a gratitude journal (slide show over on the right)A few of us gals over at Heart in Hand Scraps decided to support one another as we create our own year long gratitude journal. Jen, our design team coordinator, post a quote each week that we write in our own personal journal and then we write the things we are thankful for pertaining to the point in time in our life- Isn't this such a fab. idea...I love it and I'm so excited to comprise this journal about life- my life. Each and every day is filled with so many blessings but many times life simply flies by and we forget to stop and appreciate the moments- This year I resolve to appreciate the moments!

The second year long project I have chosen to participate in is a year long scripture challenge over at Create My Keepsake. Each week Potter Cross, the scripture challenge moderator, post a word for the week (this week the word is Faith). Our challenge is to find scriptures that focus on the weekly word and to journal about our beliefs on that particular subject. Again, I think this is a fab. idea and I know I will be blessed in many ways by this yearly challenge. I just started my entry for this week but once I have it completed I will post photos. I will post photos of my journal entries for both my gratitude journal and scripture challenge journal as they are completed. Wow, just think by the end of this year both journals will be 52 pages full- I can't wait!

I leave you with the gratitude journal quote from this week {week #2}:
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
—John F. Kennedy (1917-1963), 35th U.S. President

2 comments:

Christi said...

Love the new vintage look, Heather! smiles...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.