Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Fall Ya'all


Whoa...November is almost here and I'm just now getting some of my Halloween decor put out. This is VERY late for me to be getting my decor out, as I usually begin fall decorating the end of Aug. or the first week in Sept. SO much has been going on recently that I've slowly been dragging things out. Not to mention there are a TON of projects I was hoping to work on/create. One project I really wanted to create was a burlap wreath for our front door. Usually I have a sunflower wreath but with my new love of all things burlap I just had to create one :) This is what I came up with
It worked out well because I have A TON of burlap scraps laying around (thanks to a new endeavor that I will be announcing next week). This is a easy peasy project- All I did was take a wire hanger and formed a wreath, then I slipped my burlap on the wire making a ruffle sort of speak as I went. I thought a raven perched on a small pumpkin would be the perfect embellishment to 'spook' it up for Halloween.
For a FREE project, I'm super pleased with it- I only wish I was able to finish it earlier so I had more time to enjoy it. Perhaps I'll have to keep it up for Thanksgiving and switch out the raven with a different embellishment.

No comments: