Saturday, July 24, 2010

6 months ago today


It is so hard to believe that 6 months ago today this lil miracle came into my arms, into our hearts, and in to the world
She has changed so much in just 6 months and boy has the time just flown by! I'm still just in awe that the Lord has given me this child to call my own- I pray that I will raise her in the ways of the Lord and more importantly that she has been called to be a child of God before the foundation of time. There is not a day that goes by that I'm not reminded what a miracle she is...she is my precious lil baby girl whom I love and adore more then words can express.
At 6 months old Makayla is:
*Moving and a groovin all over the place! If I place her on her activity mat and leave just for a minute to grab something, by the time I come back she is no where near where I sat her down. I was perplexed at how she was accomplishing this as she has not crawled YET (I say yet because she has a whole lot of determination and I know soon she will be mobile....God help me when that day arrives ;). Anyhoo....I took a peak the other day to find out how and the world she was managing to travel so far with out crawling and to my dismay saw her roll her way across the room. That's my girl...places to go, people to see.
* Teething, teething, and more teething. She is chewing on EVERYTHING she can get her hands on. I have yet to spy any teeth but no doubt they are on there way.
(PS. The green on her nose, etc in the pic. is avocado not buggies ;)
* Had her 1st. vacation with mommy and daddy- We had a fabulous road trip up to Durango, Colorado. What great memories we will always hold dear of our 1st. official family vacation.
* Went swimming for the 1st. time. While in Colorado we went to a hotsprings which housed a large pool...we took our lil sweets in and boy did she love it. I thought she may fuss and cry as the water was pretty cold but not a peep...just smiles. (Maybe she'll take after mommy and be a water baby...I was on swim team in HS so who knows maybe she will take the H20 too)

* Celebrated her first 4th. of July. She even saw fireworks and was pretty amused by them
* Is chatting up a storm....Just last weekend she started this new thing where she yells at the top of her lungs (not a mad yell but a happy yell) She'll babble away and boy does she love to talk...I can't wait to hear what her voice sounds like when she really talks :)
* Can sit up by herself but literally only for a second. I think she realizes that she can move around much more if she is on her tummy so pretty much right after I sit her up she'll plop over and roll over onto her tummy.
* Is taking naps on a regular basis :) :) :) This is huge because we didn't have much of a schedule before hand but now we do- Yippie. She almost always goes down between 9:30-10:30am and again in late afternoon.
*Is really taking to the animals. She has shown a big interest in them before, but now she is really into them (in fact she is petting Dakota this very minute as I write this) The animals all adore her and are quite protective over our lil babe...soooo cute!
* Continues to eat and explore new foods. This month she added pears, banana, sweet potatoes, and avocado to her repertoire. Her fav. is frozen bananas in the mesh baby feeder.

What a blessing it has been experiencing all these 1st. with our baby girl. Happy 6 month Birthday love...Your mommy and daddy adore you and love you more then words can express!


No comments: