Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Fall Y'All...

Can you believe it is already October 1st!!!! I could not be more thrilled that we are entering my most favorite season of the year- It's fall ya'all :)

The temperatures are beginning to drop here in AZ- today was such a gorgeous day! I know I've said this before but I don't know what it is about fall but it just gives me that warm sentimental feeling. I'm mildly obsessed with all things fall; the smell of the season is amongst my favorites ;)

{My favorite fall candle is this delicious spiced cider candle from Bath and Body Works- I'm currently up stairs and I have the candle lit down in the family room...I can smell it all the way up here...absolutely delightful!}

Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile may remember that last year we started a new tradition in our home- Call us (ok mostly me) a little crazy but we decided to get our Christmas tree (yes, you heard me correctly) our Christmas tree out in the fall. Last year was the first year we did this and I was in love ;) I adorned every nook and cranny of the tree with fall garland, pumpkins, and well any and everything fall. I loved coming home last year and seeing our fall tree- it made me happy ;)- LOL. So this year I decided we would once again continue the Mellstrom tradition and adorn our fall tree...

Accept this year my friends we put the tree up the first week in Sept- I just didn't post pictures until now because I knew you would all think that I've truly lost my marbles. I feel a little better now that it is officially October..LOL

Oh, and this is a quick and easy project I worked on the other night-

I've been blog spying some beautiful monogram wreaths and I couldn't wait to create one for our home. Super quick and easy friends!! And better yet, you can pick yourself up one of these great monograms at one of my favorite places- the Hobby Lobby (50% off this week/ /$5) It looks exactly like the monograms they sell in Ballard Designs for $29.

Anyhoo...I wish you and yours a joyous fall season!


2 comments:

Theresa said...

Awesome Heather!! Your house look beautiful! I too love fall, especially now that it's starting to FEEL like fall...at least for us Phoenicians! ;)

Tanya said...

What a wonderful tradition!