Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Little Blessings.....

Little Blessings are amazing MIRACLES!

I have so much in my life to be thankful for- the mighty Lord has Blessed me in ways I can never imagine. I am so undeserving of His grace and love! As I look back at the last (31) years of my life I see how God has guided me and Blessed me in everything I have experienced. I am so thankful for life, my life, the life of my amazing husband David, the life of my parents, family, friends, church family, and for this-

The little life taking shape and growing inside of me at this very moment.

Yes, David and I are having a BABY!!!!!!!!!!

As of tomorrow, I will be 9 weeks pregnant. We are expecting this amazing Blessing from God to come into our lives on February 8, 2010.

I struggled as the whether or not I should share 'the big news' with you all so soon as I do know a lot can happen this early on in a pregnancy. However after contemplating I decided that there is no need for me to hide this- God is the one who creates life and thus it is His to take away. I know and trust in His plan and know that if this baby is meant to become a part of our lives (although it already is) then the Lord will protect the life inside of me as He continues to shape and mold this beautiful life- the life He has chosen to create through David and myself. Not only do I find my trust in the almighty Lord but also in prayer. Throughout this journey as David and I struggled with fertility issues we were abundantly Blessed by and surrounded by prayer. Prayer is powerful and we have no doubt that the many prayers that many of you lifted up are a major part of why we are are here. We petition you to continue praying- praying that the Lord will protect this baby and Bless our lives with this little miracle in 225 more days (who's counting....LOL!)

Needless to say this is why I've been MIA as of late. I've been feeling great; no morning sickness...just tired, a little moody ;), and seeing some changes in my skin. I've been trying to take it easy which for those of you who know me well know that that is a very difficult task for me :)! There are so many things I've been wanting to paint and alter but have stayed away from because I refuse to take any little risk that may harm this miracle growing inside of me. Instead of painting, I've been burying myself in books- books like, 'What to Expect when your expecting', 'The Pregnancy Journal'- my favorite one so far,'The Cross Centered Life' by CJ Mahaney, and Nancy O'Dell book, 'Full of Life'. This world of 'babyhood' is uncharted territory for David and I so we are anxiously gathering up as much information as possible to prepare our lives for this amazing journey that lies ahead- we can't wait!

Well now that we've spilled the beans about our little bean :) I'll be able to share with you some projects I've been up to...although I'll save those for another post because they all have a story in of themselves, so stay tuned. In the meantime I'll share these with you-

This is our gift from God at just 5 days after conception- the day this miracle was implanted back inside of me


And this is our little miracle at 8 weeks & 3 days (this past Thurs) I had my first appt. with my obgyn and he did a quick ultra sound since he knew I was anxious to see the little one inside of me. My dr. said that maybe, just maybe we might be able to pick up the heartbeat. Apparently the earliest you can pick one up is right around 10 weeks and well, I was about a week and a half shy of that mark. But God is great and guess what...we picked up the little heart beat- the most amazing, sweet sound I have EVER heard. The precious little heart was beating so fast- about 170 bpm. I only wish that David could have been there to hear it; he didn't go to this appt because we thought it was going to be a routine check up...had no idea we might be able to hear the heartbeat. My next appt. is this coming Thurs. for an ultra sound with our fertility dr. Hoping David could hear the beat then :). This is nothing short of a miracle-
Thank you God!



13 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Heather, congratulations!! What incredible and amazing news, one that I've been waiting to hear from you :) I figured that's why you haven't been blogging :) It is so sweet! congratulations!! so happy for you!

Jason and Lisa said...

Congrations! Can't wait to meet baby Mellstrom in February.

Julie said...

Heather,
I am so over the moon for you and your husband - I found your blog via unity a few months ago and following your previous post i have been checking back every other day for the news.
I too had lots of problems and it took me 4 years to finally get pregnant and now i have the most beautiful little boy.
So this is me sending you a great big congratulations hug, i'm thrilled for you.
Take Care - Julie xxx

Jacqueline said...

Congrats to you Heather!!!SO glad you got your prayers answered and are expecting a little one!! I will be sending happy thoughts your way and hoping for a nice and easy pregnancy! congrats again!

Mandy Kershaw said...

Congratulations to you and David! That is so exciting! Praise God for this miracle. :)

sandi said...

Heather
I am so so happy for you and David! I know how much this baby means to you. Congratulations and take good care of yourself and your little one.

Christie said...

What AMAZING news! Congratulations! I'm so very, very excited for you!

The Martins said...

Congratulations, Heather!
What a sweet and gracious gift from God! Thanks for sharing!

"pink scrapper" said...

Congratulations Heather! I have kept you and David in my prayers ever since you first mentioned about a little "seed". See?! PRAYER WORKS!!!

Traci said...

Heather ~
congratulations!!! I too struggled with infertility... as you know my 4yr old son and my 14mth old twin girls were brought to use thru ivf. it is an incredible journey! i will keep you, david and your very special little one in my prayers!! Traci (Stephanie's friend)

Lori said...

We too struggled with fertility so I know all to well how precious this baby is to you and your family. We will pray for a healthy journey for you and your baby. Congratulations, may you enjoy every minute of your pregnancy.

kate blue said...

I think I found you via way of G45 and you know what? When people say "never, " don't believe them...FAITH and HOPE and MIRACLES have a way of appearing right on time. It took us 2 yrs to have my daughter and my son is a miracle all by himslef-different story though...Congrats and yes, at this stage in the game, don't overdo it; stick to just journaling; you'll have plenty of time to craft away later...and yes, take pics of yourself with each trimester! I didn't do that and wish I had....Stay gorgeous!!

Sasha said...

Congratulations girl .. so so happy for you ..