Tuesday, December 23, 2008

And the stockings were hung...

How are you my friends? I know I have been neglecting this blog of mine so I wanted to jump on and say hello. Are you ready for Christmas? Are the cookies baked...the tree up..the stockings hung? I am hardly ready for Christmas but never the less here we are approaching the eve of this Blessed holiday. We have been so wrapped up in packages around here, but not the typical Christmas package you think of; we're knee high in moving packages. We're slowly settling into our new home and each and every second we are over joyed at this gift the Lord has graciously brought into our lives. Because our move was just 2 weeks before the Christmas holiday we made a pack that we would be low key in regards to 'traditional' Christmas expectations. In other words, no gifts, not a whole lot of decorations displayed, etc. Although it certainly wouldn't be Christmas in our home without a few Mellstrom traditions; the Christmas tree is proudly displayed in the living room window of our home, the manger is displayed, and the sweet smell of cookies baking fills the air of our home. I have a few cards and small gifts I need to get completed this evening so I better get going but I couldn't let this day go by without wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!

Oh, thought I would share these sweet little boxes with you- the perfect craft for all those scraps you may have laying around. I created these boxes with my left over Graphic 45 paperscraps. If you still have some gift wrapping to do find some empty containers or boxes around your home and then add some paper scraps and embellishments and in no time you will have a sweet little nesting place for your gifts.


**Sweet Honor**
Since I have been away from blogging during this move I have not shared a sweet honor I recently had. The one and only Bella herself, Teresa McFayden shared my version of the Christmas advent calendar on her blog!! Talk about sweet visions of sugarplums- Thanks Teresa...what a wonderful gift!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather

Just pop in to say keep the go work. hotwheels