Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Dressing

With Thanksgiving day just around the corner, I thought I would share a quick and fun way to dress up your holiday table.

Those who know me well, know that I can not part with fabulous papers such as my favorite Graphic 45 collections. I save every paper and use it down to the last inch (literally). Anyhow, as I was glancing around my studio 2 scraps of G45 papers caught my eye, Summer Sonata and Eden's Symphony- Both from the Botanicabella Collection. The colors just screamed fall and I instantly knew that I had to use these scraps to dress up my Thanksgiving table. The one thing missing from my Thanksgiving feast was place cards for my table so I begun to create and this is what I came up with:
So fun and the best part of it, you can get them completed in under an hour (probably even 30 minutes). Here's the the how to (I hope you enjoy)!

Supplies

.Your favorite Graphic 45 papers .Die cut machine (Cuttlebug) .Pumpkins
.Embossing die in the shape of a leaf (Provo Craft Maple Leaf).Embossing pen (Ranger)
.Perfect Pearls (Ranger) .Various embellishments for the top of your pumpkin

Create
Step #1-Cut and emboss your leaves using your selected G45 papers
Step #2-Use your embossing pen to outline the embossed pattern on your leaves.
Step #3-Apply Perfect Pearls on top of the embossing pen marks (I used copper Perfect Pearls for my leaves)
Step #4- Adhere your leaves and other various embellishments to the top of your pumpkin.
Step #5- Adhere either a paper clip, binder clip, or any other type of clip that will hold your place card to the top of the pumpkin.
Step #6- Create your place cards, place in clip, and enjoy your holiday with your loved ones!

I Wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving....May you be Blessed in every way imaginable!


2 comments:

Casii said...

Super lovely project! If I were hosting this year, I'd give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I saw your project on the G45 site too! Fabulous!