Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas

Oh my....I am in a huge state of denial at the moment- How can it be that Christmas has already come and gone? I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday and that you were blessed in many ways.

I had the most wonderful Christmas ever!!! David and I spent the holiday out in Calif. with my family and each and every moment was perfect! I can now share with you all what I've been up to the past few weeks...It all began back in early November when David and I got the genius idea to get my mom and dad a puppy Chow Chow for Christmas. After much time searching for the perfect pup we found her- she is the most adorable cream chow {we called her Chowder...another story in itself} Anyhow, Chowder was shipped out to us on December 10th. from Mississippi and our days have been consumed with puppy duty ever since. For those of you that know David and I well, you know that we can not keep secrets- How we kept this a secret is beyond me! I took 'Chowder' to work with me, she slept in bed with us, and had a ball playing with our animals {Duke, Dakota, and Coco}. Needless to say we became very attached to our new friend and were so excited to give her to my parents who had no idea they were getting a pup for Christmas :). On Fri. David and I drove out to Calif. with pup in tow and geared up for our big surprise presentation...David had purchased a Santa outfit and changed into it just before we knocked on their door; so imagine this- David is dressed as Santa Claus standing on my parents door step holding the most adorable puppy who is dressed with a big red bow around her neck- Needless to say my parents were speechless!!! I have a video of it and if I can figure out how to download it on here I will post it shortly. My mom and dad were thrilled with their present and a few ironies made us all assured that all of this was meant to be. See, a few weeks ago my mom got the urge to get a kitten (not knowing she would be receiving a puppy for Christmas). She found a black and white persian kitty that she wanted but it turned out the kitty was already spoken for- she was saddened that she couldn't have her kitty and as events would have it my mom and dad found another kitty....2 hours before we showed up on their door step with Chowder! They thought they would surprise David and I with the kitten but the surprise was on them...they now have 2 babies...a pup and a kitten. The second irony of it all was that a few weeks back my mom was thinking of kitty names and she thought of the name 'Chowder' She told my dad that when they did get another Chow pup she wanted to name it 'Chowder'..the very name David and I gave the pup!! Oh, forgot to mention the kitty 'Mr. Purrinton' was born on mine and Davids anniversary....Needless to say, we all know it was all meant to happen like this. Mom and Dad couldn't be happier with their new additions :)

It truly was a Christmas to remember....I am blessed and so Thankful for this time of year when we can celebrate the birth of Christ...Merry Christmas

No comments: