Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....



My goodness...the time has been slipping through my fingers. I am up to my eyeballs in craft projects, Christmas cards, baking, etc. Every year I say I'm going to get a head start on all this holiday goodness but that never happens...so here I am running around like a crazy elf. So much is going on right now....so much I want to share and I will in time :) For a quick brief on what's been going on at the Mellstroms Winter Wonderland....

*We finally have all the Christmas decorations up (I can't believe how much holiday decor we have....and somehow, that collection just seems to keep growing)
* We've been bundling up in our winter gear...Yes, I did say winter gear. It's been pretty chilly here in Phoenix, AZ (bizarre I know but it's true)In fact as I'm writing this it is pouring rain outside.
* Most of my holiday shopping is completed but for some weird reason I feel that it's not...Speaking of which, I received my Christmas gift from my hubby- I'll post that later with a pic.
* I am excited to report that on Fri. I just received word that I had 3 projects picked up for the May issue of Homegrown Hospitality
* Today I will be picking up our Christmas cards and have high hopes of getting them all in the mail by Thurs (fingers crossed on this one)....

And on that note, I have to explain the pic. of me with the animals...David and I decided to set up the timer on the camera and take a family pic. in front of the Christmas tree for our Christmas cards (good idea in thought...but funny and difficult in reality). I bought santa hats for the dogs and Dakota was not to thrilled to have to wear a hat (she doesn't like to dress up apparently)Anyhow, she was being quite difficult to deal with and needless to say we couldn't capture the perfect pic. but in our eyes it's still perfect :) Well, the mama in me decided that we should try to take a few pics. with all the animals (this would include our cat, Coco, who does not like to be held,etc) With out much success we did manage to get a few pics. and with that decided to call it quites when the cat turned around in bit me on my cheek!! Can you believe that...the nerve of that kitty- Doesn't she know who feeds her? Who cleans her litter pan, etc. Needless to say we got a good laugh out of the situation and some fun pics. to document our family fun....Well I guess I better get going- elf duty calls....

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.”
Calvin Coolidge

1 comment:

Christi said...

LOL! The photos are great...that first one especially. I have to laugh at the second one though...with the lights all frantic and the pets looking like they are all about to bolt...and you are just sitting there smiling all serenely. I think that it's a great photo!!! smiles...