Sunday, October 7, 2007

Apples + {Homegrown Hospitality}


Yesterday David and I had a fabulous day celebrating fall and all it has to offer...We drove 3 hours S.E. to a little town called Wilcox. Now what does Wilcox, AZ have to do with fall you ask??? Everything...Wilcox is home to Apple Annie's :). Apple Annie's is an apple orchard where you can pick your own apples, pick your own pumpkins, pick your own sunflowers (which are my favorite flowers), and pick your own veggies. Now when I say pick your own, I mean pick your own- straight from the field. We had an absolute ball and have decided that a trip to Apple Annie's is a new fall tradition for the Mellstrom family. We came home with 2 bags of apples, a huge bunch of sunflowers, 3 large pumpkins, 2 bitty pumpkins, 1 acorn squash, a very dirty car (because you have to drive on dirt roads to get there), and tons of pics....enough to make a mini book out of this adventure- Love it! We also had some great food ;)...apple smoked burgers and fresh apple pie- Yum! So now to the Homegrown Hospitality part...what does this have to do with it all??? Well I received a bit of good news last week- I've had a party ensemble (invitation, party banner, favor, and mini book) picked up for publication by Creating Keepsakes newest magazine, Homegrown Hospitality. The inaguaral issue of this mag. is on news stands now..if you haven't seen it you should check it out. It's a great mag. that combines all things paper arts with just good ol' Homegrown Hospitality (it even comes complete with some great recipes to make some yummy goodies). I believe the mag. is set to come out 4 times per year and my creations will be published in their March (Spring) issue of 2008...Yes, I'm doing some more happy dancing :)!!! Well, off to get our photos printed out from yesterday so I can start in on a fab. fall book- Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments: